on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Casanova was first found in the culturally rich region of Lombardy
, where earliest records date back to the year 1126 in Milan, when Apollonio Casati was Imperial Vicar for Lotario il Sassone.
Surnames that originated in Italy are characterized by an enormous number of spelling variations. Some of these are derived from regional traditions and dialects. Northern names, for instance, often end in "o", while southern names tend to end in "i". Other variations come from the fact the medieval scribes tended to spell according to the sound of words, rather than any particular set of rules. The recorded variations of Casanova include Casa, Case, Dalla Casa, Dallacasa, Della Casa, Da Ca, Dacca, Da Cha, Dacha, Dalla Ca, Dallaca, Dalla Cha, Dallacha, Casella, Casello, Caselli, Casèl, Casiello, Casillo, Casetta, Casati, Casselli, Casetti, Casèt, Casina, Casine, Casino, Casini, Casola, Casolla, Casol, Casotti, Casone, Casoni, Cason, Casacchia, Casaccia, Casacci, Casassa, Casazza, Casabianca, Casablanca, Cabianca, Casabassa, Cabassa, Casabella, Cabella, Casabona, Cabona, Caboni, Casagrande, Casagrandi, Casamassima, Casanova, Canova, Casavecchia and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Casanova research. More information is included under the topic Early Casanova History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 437 words (31 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Casanova Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first North American settlers with Casanova name or one of its variants:
Casanova Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Franco Miguel Casanova, aged 39, landed in New Orleans, La in 1825
- Lucy Casanova, aged 28, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Maria Getrudes Casanova, who landed in Texas in 1835
- Juan Baptiste Casanova, who landed in Texas in 1835
- Miguel Casanova, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1838
- Vince Casanova (1953-2013), American newspaper executive, president and COO of Tribune Media Services
- Francesco Giuseppe Casanova (1727-1803), Italian painter
- Giacomo Girolamo Casanova (1725-1798), Italian adventurer and author
- Jean Toussaint Arrighi de Casanova, Duke of Padoue, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815
- Rodolfo Casanova (1915-1980), Mexican boxer
- Fernando Casanova (b. 1988), Dominican international footballer
- Myriam Casanova (b. 1985), professional female tennis player from Switzerland
- León Prieto Casanova (b. 1912), Chilean architect
- Gheno, Antonio. Contributo alla Bibliografia Genealogica Italiana. Bologna: Forni, 1924. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, Goffredo. Enciclopedia araldico cavalleresca Prontuario nobiliare. Pisa: Presso La Direzione Del Giorale Araldica , 1878. Print.
- Bascapè, Giacomo and Marcello del Piazzo. Insegne e Simboli Araldica pubblica e privata medievale e moderna. Rome: 1983. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, G.B. Dizionario Storico-Blasonico Delle Famiglie Nobili e Notabili Italiane 3 volumes. Pisa. Print.
- Battilana, Natale, Ed. Genealogie Dello Famiglie Nobili di Genova. Genova: Fratelli Pagano, 1825. Print.
- Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani. Rome Istituto della Enciclopedia Italiana 56 volumesr. Print.
- Stiens, Robert E. Passenger list Italy to New York 1893 In Italian Genealogist. Torrance, CA: Augustan Society No 3, 1983. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
The Casanova Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Casanova Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 February 2015 at 14:09.
on orders of $85 or more