Carrico History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Carrico family
The surname Carrico was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Carrico family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Carrico research. Another 124 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1222, 1248, 1604 and 1582 are included under the topic Early Carrico History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Carrico Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Carissimo, Carissima, Carrisimo, Carrissima, Carrisso and many more.
Early Notables of the Carrico family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Giacomo Carissimi, born at Marino near to Rome in 1604, according to Pitoni, "whom both M. Fétis and the Abbé Alfieri follow upon this point; but at Padua in 1582, if Spiridione be trusted for the place of his birth, and Mattheson for the date of it. His first professional post was that of Maestro at Assisi. This he held for some years. He then went to Rome, where he obtained the Mastership at the...
Another 81 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Carrico Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Carrico is the 4,536th most popular surname with an estimated 7,461 people with that name. 
Carrico migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Carrico Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Carrico, who settled in West Virginia in 1787
Carrico Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- A. Carrico, who settled in New Orleans in 1822
- I Carrico, aged 50, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1830 
Contemporary Notables of the name Carrico (post 1700) +
- Harry Lee Carrico (b. 1916), American former Chief Justice and a current Senior Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia
- Kevin Carrico (b. 1962), American director and cinematographer
- Bill Carrico, American politician from Virginia
- Dale Carrico (b. 1965), American critical theorist and rhetorician
- Daniel Filipe Martins Carriço (b. 1988), Portuguese footballer
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)