Early Origins of the Carli family
The surname Carli was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy
. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. Another line of this surname was found in the province of Veneto in the 13th century, when members of the Carlotti family were recognized as nobility in the city of Verona.
Early History of the Carli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Carli research.Another 341 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1503, 1524, 1777, 1686, 1775, 1613, 1590, 1630, 1626, 1697, 1674, 1750, 1466, 1483, 1503, 1524, 1514, 1519, 1580, 1721 and 1744 are included under the topic Early Carli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Carli Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Carli, Carlo, Caroli, Decarli, Di Carlo, De Caroli, De Carolix, Carlino, Carlini, Carlin, Carlucci, Carluccio, Carluzzi, Carlotti, Carlotto, Carlot, Carlozzi, Carloni, Carlone, Carlon, Carlesi, Carlisi and many more.
Early Notables of the Carli family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Carlo Innocenzo Carlone (1686-1775), an Italian painter and engraver; Taddeo Carlone (died 1613), Swiss-Italian sculptor and architect; Giovanni Bernardo Carlone (1590-1630), an Italian painter of the late-Mannerist and early-Baroque periods; Andrea Carlone (1626-1697), an Italian painter; Diego Francesco Carlone (1674-1750), an... Another 161 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Carli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Carli family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Carli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andreas Carli, aged 6, who landed in America from Asiago, Italy, in 1909
- Antonietta Carli, aged 2, who emigrated to the United States from Asiago, Italy, in 1910
- Annita Carli, aged 25, who settled in America from Meldola, Italy, in 1911
- Angelina Carli, aged 3, who settled in America from Asiago, Italy, in 1912
- Angelo Carli, aged 25, who landed in America from Licciana, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Carli (post 1700)
- Antonio Francesco Carli (1706-1723), Italian bass operatic singer
- Carlo Carli (b. 1945), Italian politician, member of the Italian Socialist Party, he founded the Labour Federation in 1994
- Ottavio de Carli (b. 1961), Italian writer, musician and teacher
- Mario Carli (1888-1935), Italian poet, novelist, essayist, diplomat, and journalist
- Adelir Antônio de Carli (1966-2008), Brazilian Catholic priest, who died during a fundraising attempt at cluster ballooning
- Marco di Carli (b. 1985), German silver medalist swimmer at the 2012 European Championships
- Carlo Carli (b. 1960), Australian politician, Labor Party member of the Victorian Legislative Assembly from 1994 to 2010