Carignan History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Carignan family
The surname Carignan was first found in Brittany.
Early History of the Carignan family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Carignan research. Another 63 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1861, 1871, and 1891 are included under the topic Early Carignan History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Carignan Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Carignan, Carigneau, Carignet and others.
Early Notables of the Carignan family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst this name at this time was Godefroy Carignan, who worked in Cournoyer, Quebec in 1861 and many more. For example, Benjamin Carignan was an early innkeeper in Lachine in 1871; Joseph Carignan was a councillor in Saint-Luc in 1871 and Ludger Carignan was a doctor at this same time. Records also show C. Carignan as a tinsmith and Charles Carignan as a grocer in Batiscan in 1891, while François Carignan was a laborer in Montreal in 1891 and Napoléon Carignan was a...
Another 84 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Carignan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Carignan is the 11,581st most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in Quebec, Canada, the name Carignan is ranked the 598th most popular surname. 
Carignan migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Carignan Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Peter Carignan, aged 31, who immigrated to New York, in 1908
- Joseph Carignan, aged 46, who immigrated to the United States, in 1917
Contemporary Notables of the name Carignan (post 1700) +
- Gary Andrew Carignan (b. 1986), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Mary E. Carignan, American Republican politician, Candidate for Connecticut State House of Representatives from Meriden, 1940 
- George E. Carignan, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1960 
- Emile Carignan, American Democratic Party politician, Member of New Hampshire State House of Representatives from Franklin 2nd Ward; Elected 1938 
- Albert S. Carignan, American Democratic Party politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Hartford, 1939-40 
- Onésime Carignan (1839-1897), French Canadian wholesale and retail grocer and politician in Quebec
- Claude Carignan (b. 1964), Canadian lawyer and politician
- Jean Carignan (1916-1988), Canadian fiddler
- Jean-Guy Carignan (b. 1941), Canadian politician, member of the Canadian House of Commons from 2000 to 2004
- Pierre Carignan, French Canadian law professor at the University of Montreal
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html