Carabajal History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origins the old family name Carabajal can be found within medieval Spain. While the patronymic and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the name of the father and mother respectively, are the most common form of a hereditary surname in Spain, occupational surnames also emerged during the late Middle Ages. Many people, such as the Carabajal family, adopted the name of their occupation as their surname. The surname Carabajal was an occupational name for a knight or a knight's servant.
Early Origins of the Carabajal family
The surname Carabajal was first found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Carabajal family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Carabajal research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1176, 1656, 1704, 1697, 1703, 1645, 1697, 1670 and 1679 are included under the topic Early Carabajal History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Carabajal Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Caballero, Caballeros, Caballer, Caballé, Caballe, Caballería, Caballeria, Caballo, Caballos, de Caballos, Cavallo, Cavallos, de Cavallos, Cavallón, Cavallon, de Cavallón, de Cavallon, Cavallero, Cavallería and many more.
Early Notables of the Carabajal family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were eighteenth century Spanish politician Jerónimo Caballero, first Marquis of Caballero; eighteenth century Spanish military officer Juan Caballero; nineteenth century Cuban philosopher José de la Luz Caballero; nineteenth century Spanish military officer Antonio Caballero y Fernández de Rodas; nineteenth century Paraguayan politician...
Another 48 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Carabajal Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Carabajal migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Carabajal Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ascension Carabajal, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- Esteban Carabajal, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- J J Carabajal, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- Jose Roman Carabajal, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- Manuel Carabajal, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)