Early Origins of the Capano family
The surname Capano was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Instanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Capano family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Capano research.Another 305 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1815, 1341 and 1347 are included under the topic Early Capano History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Capano Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Capano family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon
. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian
emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated... Another 80 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Capano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Capano family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Capano Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Capano, aged 35, who settled in America, in 1892
Capano Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Capano, aged 38, who emigrated to the United States from S. Donata, Italy, in 1906
- Bruno Capano, aged 16, who settled in America from S. Sostena, Italy, in 1910
- Ernesto Capano, aged 26, who landed in America from Belvedere, Italy, in 1911
- Custodia Capano, aged 10, who landed in America from S. Sostena, Italy, in 1912
- Domenico Capano, aged 40, who emigrated to America from Torro Candio, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Capano (post 1700)
- Craig Capano (b. 1985), American soccer player