Cantu History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Cantu family
The surname Cantu was first found in Lombardy (Italian: Lombardia), where the ancient ancestors of the Cantu family once lived. The name Cantu means "circular," or "rolling stone." The name is most likely toponymic in origin, meaning that it was taken from a geographic feature near the family's home; in this case, the family probably lived near a round and prominent rock.
Early History of the Cantu family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cantu research. Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cantu History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cantu Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cantu, Cantuti and others.
Early Notables of the Cantu family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Cantu Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Cantu is the 787th most popular surname with an estimated 37,305 people with that name. 
Cantu migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cantu Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Plutareo Cantu, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1895
Cantu Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Cantu, aged 26, who immigrated to the United States from Milan, Italy, in 1905
- Angelo Cantu, aged 23, who settled in America from Carbonara, Italy, in 1912
- Francesco Cantu, aged 44, who immigrated to the United States from Palazzago, Italy, in 1913
- Rinaldo Cantu, aged 18, who immigrated to the United States from Paloizzago, Italy, in 1913
- Violante Cantu, aged 7, who landed in America from Pastringo, Verona, in 1916
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Cantu (post 1700) +
- Norma V. Cantu (b. 1954), American civil rights lawyer and educator
- Homaro Cantu (b. 1976), American inventor, entrepreneur, chef, and gastronomer
- Jorge Luis Cantú (b. 1982), American Major League Baseball third baseman
- Cesare Cantú (1804-1895), Italian historian and novelist
- Rolando Cantu (b. 1981), Mexican football player
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm