on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Canete family come from? What is the Spanish Canete family crest and coat of arms? When did the Canete family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Canete family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cañete, Canete, Canet, Caneta, Canette, Canetta, Canetons and many more.
First found in Aragon an ancient Kingdom of Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Canete research. Another 350 words(25 lines of text) covering the years 1420 and 1875 are included under the topic Early Canete History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Canete Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Pedro and Luis Canete who immigrated to Guatemala in 1577
- Miguel De Canete who settled in Rio de la Plata in 1594
Canete Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso Canete, who landed in America in 1828
- Manuel Canete, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Cristobal Canete, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Cristobal Canete Garcia who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Luis Canete, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1881
- Manuel Cañete, Spanish journalist and literary critic
- Ciriaco "Cacoy" Cañete (b. 1919), Filipino martial artist and head of Doce Pares eskrima
- Ariel Cañete (b. 1975), Argentine golfer
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Canete Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Canete Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 October 2012 at 11:11.
on orders of $85 or more