Canete History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Canete family
The surname Canete was first found in Aragon an ancient Kingdom of Spain.
Early History of the Canete family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Canete research. Another 71 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1420 and 1875 are included under the topic Early Canete History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Canete Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cañete, Canete, Canet, Caneta, Canette, Canetta, Canetons and many more.
Early Notables of the Canete family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Canete Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Canete migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Canete Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Pedro and Luis Canete who immigrated to Guatemala in 1577
- Miguel De Canete who settled in Rio de la Plata in 1594
Canete Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso Canete, who landed in America in 1828 
- Manuel Canete, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860 
- Cristobal Canete, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860 
- Cristobal Canete Garcia who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Luis Canete, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1881 
Contemporary Notables of the name Canete (post 1700) +
- Manuel Cañete, Spanish journalist and literary critic
- Ariel Cañete (b. 1975), Argentine golfer
- Ciriaco "Cacoy" Cañete (b. 1919), Filipino martial artist and head of Doce Pares eskrima
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)