Canepa History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Canepa family
The surname Canepa was first found in Emilia-Romagna, an administrative Region of Northern Italy, comprising the historical regions of Emilia and Romagna. The region traces its history back to Roman times as the province of Gaule. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Canepa family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Canepa research. Another 87 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Canepa History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Canepa Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cannizzaro, Cannova, Caneva, Canneva, Cannava, Cannavo, Cannaviello, Canovaro, Canevari, Canever, Canavaro, Cannavale, Canevale, Caneva, Canneva, Canevaro and many more.
Early Notables of the Canepa family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Canepa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Canepa migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Canepa Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Guiseppe Canepa, who settled in America in 1861
- Joseph Canepa, who settled in Alabama in 1868
- Giovanni Canepa, who settled in California in 1873
- Luigi Canepa, who settled in California in 1875
Contemporary Notables of the name Canepa (post 1700) +
- Bruce Canepa, retired American race car driver and car dealer
- Niccolò Canepa (b. 1988), Italian motorcycle road racer
- Mr. Adolfo John Canepa C.M.G., O.B.E., G.M.H. (b. 1940), born in London, Gibraltarian politician, was appointed Companion of the St. Michael and St George on 8th June 2018, for services to Gilbraltar 
- Adolfo John Canepa (b. 1940), Gibraltarian politician
- Diego Baccino Cánepa (b. 1972), Uruguayan lawyer and politician
- Diego Cánepa (b. 1976), Belgian Olympic sprint canoer
- Carlos Alberto Cánepa, Peruvian politician and a Congressman
Historic Events for the Canepa family +
- Mr. William Lazarus Canepa, British Assistant Steward from United Kingdom who worked aboard the Empress of Ireland and survived the sinking 
Related Stories +