Campolo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Campolo family
The surname Campolo was first found in the city of Treviso, where earliest records date back to the year 1010, with Gerardo Campo.
Early History of the Campolo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Campolo research. More information is included under the topic Early Campolo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Campolo Spelling Variations
There are many variations of most of those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. Some of these come from regional differences, like the tradition of ending northern names in "o" and southern names in "i". Others come from inaccuracies in the recording process, which were extremely common in the eras before dictionaries standardized spelling. Some of the spelling variations of Campolo are Campo, Campi, Campus, Campora, Càmpora, Càmpori, Campoli, Campori, De Campora, De Càmpora, Campetti, Campdelli, Campedel, Campolo, Campone, Camponi, Campaccio, Campacci, Campasso, Campassi, Campazzo, Campazzi, Campai, Campari, Campèr, Camperotto, Campieri, Campeggi, Campese, Campesi, Campesani, Campesàn, Campesato, Campise, Campiani, Campigli, Camporese, Camporesi, Campobasso, Campobassi, Campobello, Campodonico, Campolmi, Campolongo, Campiglia, Campolonghi, Campolungo, Campione and many more.
Early Notables of the Campolo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Aldrighetto Campo of Trento, who was the Bishop of the city in 1232; Bonino da Campione, an Italian sculptor in the Gothic style, active between 1350 and 1390; Galeazzo Campi was a famous painter in Cremona in 1470, with works to be seen today in Milan and around Cremona; Giulio Campi was a fresco painter around 1500 with a major work in the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Soncino; Francesco Campo was Baron of Mossomeli and on June 23, 1498 was Captain of Girenti's Army; Pietro Campo was Chief Justice in Palermo...
Another 154 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Campolo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Campolo migration to the United States +
An inquiry into the early roots of North American families reveals a number of immigrants bearing the name Campolo or a variant listed above:
Campolo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carmelo Campolo, aged 37, who landed in America from Rometta, in 1901
- Demetrio Campolo, aged 31, who settled in America from Milatello, in 1902
- Felippo Campolo, aged 28, who settled in America from Gallina, in 1903
- Filippo Campolo, aged 16, who immigrated to the United States from Pellaro, in 1903
- Antonino Campolo, aged 16, who settled in America from Reggio, Italy, in 1905
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Campolo (post 1700) +
- Tony Campolo, American Democratic Party politician, Member, Platform Committee, Democratic National Convention, 2008 
- Anthony Campolo, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania 5th District, 1976 
Related Stories +