Early Origins of the Camilleri family
The surname Camilleri was first found in Rome (Italian: Roma), the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. Little can be said in the space available which would do justice to the history of this beautiful city. From 1000 B.C, its history is a book of life itself. The buildings, culture, arts, cathedrals, churches, museums galleries hold untold treasures unequalled anywhere else in the world. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Camilleri family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Camilleri research.Another 169 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Camilleri History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Camilleri Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Escamilla, Camilla, Camille, Escamille, Camillia, Escamillia, Ezcamilla and many more.
Early Notables of the Camilleri family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Camilleri Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Camilleri family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Camilleri Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Calogero Camilleri, aged 17, who landed in America from Naro, Italy, in 1906
- Calogero Camilleri, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Castrofilippo, Italy, in 1907
- Calagero Camilleri, aged 19, who landed in America from Valguamera, Sicily, in 1910
- Anna Camilleri, aged 21, who settled in America from Joppolo, Italy, in 1910
- Angela Camilleri, aged 27, who settled in America from Castogiovanni, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Camilleri (post 1700)
- Andrea Camilleri (b. 1925), Italian writer
- Joseph Camilleri (b. 1944), Australian social scientist, and minor philosopher
- Joseph Vincent "Joe" Camilleri (b. 1948), Australian vocalist, songwriter and saxophonist, inducted into the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) Hall of Fame in 2007
- Chris Camilleri, Welsh former rugby union and professional rugby league footballer who played from 1980 to 1984, member of the Wales and Great Britain National Teams
- Anya Joan Camilleri (b. 1961), British film and television director and screenwriter
- Lisa Carol Camilleri (b. 1983), Australian professional squash player, WSA 'Cardwell' Comeback Player of the Year in 2013
- Luke Camilleri (b. 1984), Canadian two-time Leo Award nominated actor, known for his work on Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (2010), Daydream Nation (2010) and The Devil's Ground (2009)
- Terry Camilleri (b. 1949), Maltese actor, known for Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989), Gigli (2003) and The Truman Show (1998)
- Charles Camilleri (1931-2009), Maltese composer, known for his work on Sax Rohmer's The Castle of Fu Manchu (1969), The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) and House of 1,000 Dolls (1967)
- Louis C. Camilleri (b. 1955), Chairman and CEO of Philip Morris International
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)