on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Camacho family come from? What is the Spanish Camacho family crest and coat of arms? When did the Camacho family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Camacho family history?From the historical and enchanting region of Spain emerged a multitude of noble families, including the distinguished Camacho family. Originally, the Spanish people were known only by a single name. The process by which hereditary surnames were adopted in Spain is extremely interesting. Surnames evolved during the Middle Ages when people began to assume an extra name to avoid confusion and to further identify themselves. Often they adopted names that were derived from nicknames. Nickname surnames were derived from an eke-name, or added name.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Camacho, Camachón, Camachon, Camachos, Camachuelo and others.
First found in Valencia, on Spain's Mediterranean coast.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Camacho research. Another 546 words (39 lines of text) covering the years 1094, 1099, 1102, 1238, 1352, 1561, 1622, 1650, 1672, 1680, 1742, 1772, and 1824 are included under the topic Early Camacho History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 62 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Camacho Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Antonio Camacho, who sailed to Hispaniola in 1512
- Cristóbal Camacho,sailed to America in 1512
- Benito Camacho, voyaged to America in 1512 with 2 servants
- Martín Camacho, went to America in 1527
- Bartolomé Camacho Zambrano, who accompanied Jiménez de Quesada on an expedition to Colombia in 1536. He founded the city of Tunja
Camacho Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco Camacho, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1802
- Gonzalo Camacho, who arrived in America in 1811
- Antonio Camacho, who landed in Espanola in 1812
- Benito Camacho, who arrived in America in 1812
- Cristobal Camacho, who landed in America in 1812
- Ernest Carlos Camacho (b. 1955), American former professional baseball player
- Agustín Carreño Camacho (b. 1909), Spanish doctor
- George Stephen "Steve" Camacho (1945-2015), West Indian cricketer who played in eleven Tests from 1968 to 1971
- Manuel Camacho Solís (1946-2015), Mexican politician, Secretary of Foreign Affairs (1993-1994)
- Juan Carlos Camacho Vega (b. 1977), Colombian sculptor and writer
- Mark Camacho (b. 1964), Canadian actor
- Héctor Camacho (b. 1962), Puerto Rican professional boxer
- Manuel Ávila Camacho (1897-1955), President of Mexico (1940-46)
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Camacho Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Camacho Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 October 2015 at 10:03.
on orders of $85 or more