on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Camacho family come from? What is the Spanish Camacho family crest and coat of arms? When did the Camacho family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Camacho family history?From the historical and enchanting region of Spain emerged a multitude of noble families, including the distinguished Camacho family. Originally, the Spanish people were known only by a single name. The process by which hereditary surnames were adopted in Spain is extremely interesting. Surnames evolved during the Middle Ages when people began to assume an extra name to avoid confusion and to further identify themselves. Often they adopted names that were derived from nicknames. Nickname surnames were derived from an eke-name, or added name.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Camacho, Camachón, Camachon, Camachos, Camachuelo and others.
First found in Valencia, on Spain's Mediterranean coast.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Camacho research. Another 546 words(39 lines of text) covering the years 1094, 1099, 1102, 1238, 1352, 1561, 1622, 1650, 1672, 1680, 1742, 1772, and 1824 are included under the topic Early Camacho History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 62 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Camacho Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Antonio Camacho, who sailed to Hispaniola in 1512
- Cristóbal Camacho,sailed to America in 1512
- Benito Camacho, voyaged to America in 1512 with 2 servants
- Martín Camacho, went to America in 1527
- Bartolomé Camacho Zambrano, who accompanied Jiménez de Quesada on an expedition to Colombia in 1536. He founded the city of Tunja
Camacho Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco Camacho, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1802
- Gonzalo Camacho, who arrived in America in 1811
- Antonio Camacho, who landed in Espanola in 1812
- Benito Camacho, who arrived in America in 1812
- Cristobal Camacho, who landed in America in 1812
- Ernest Carlos Camacho (b. 1955), American former professional baseball player
- Agustín Carreño Camacho (b. 1909), Spanish doctor
- Manuel Ávila Camacho (1897-1955), President of Mexico (1940-46)
- Héctor Camacho (b. 1962), Puerto Rican professional boxer
- Mark Camacho (b. 1964), Canadian actor
- Juan Carlos Camacho Vega (b. 1977), Colombian sculptor and writer
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
The Camacho Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Camacho Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 December 2014 at 23:41.
on orders of $85 or more