Calvillo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Calvillo, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Calvillo, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.
Early Origins of the Calvillo family
The surname Calvillo was first found in Castile, preeminent among the northern Christian kingdoms of mediaeval Spain.
Important Dates for the Calvillo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Calvillo research. Another 67 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Calvillo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Calvillo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Calvo, Calva, Calvillo and others.
Early Notables of the Calvillo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were eighteenth century Cuban military officer Pedro José Calvo de la Puerta; nineteenth century Colombian politician Bartolomé Calvo; nineteenth century Argentinian...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Calvillo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Calvillo migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Calvillo Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Calvillo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco Calvillo, who landed in Cuba in 1866 
Calvillo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Calvillo, who settled in America from Tricarico, in 1902
- Francesco Calvillo, aged 17, who settled in America from Foggiano, in 1906
- Domenico Calvillo, aged 24, who landed in America from S. Marco in Lamis, Foggia, in 1909
- Felicitas Calvillo, aged 77, who immigrated to the United States from Oaxaco, Mexico, in 1919
- Adriana Calvillo, aged 33, who landed in America from Gigena, Argentine, in 1919
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Calvillo (post 1700)
- Anthony Calvillo (b. 1972), American-born, Canadian Football League quarterback, three-time winner of CFL's Most Outstanding Player Award
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)