Cacciatore History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Cacciatore family
The surname Cacciatore was first found in as early as the year 1152. It was in this year that Prete Caccia moved his family to Piacenza from the Lombardian city of Novara.
Important Dates for the Cacciatore family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cacciatore research. More information is included under the topic Early Cacciatore History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cacciatore Spelling Variations
Enormous variation in spelling and form characterizes those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. This is caused by two main factors: regional tradition, and inaccuracies in the recording process. Before the last few hundred years, scribes spelled names according to their sounds. Spelling variations were the unsurprising result. The variations of Cacciatore include Caccia, Cacciatore, Cacciatori, Caccini, Caccioni, Cacciali, Caccianti, Cacciarelli and many more.
Early Notables of the Cacciatore family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Ugolino Caccini, who was a businessman in Montecatini around 1350; Giulio Caccini of Rome was a famous composer and musician around 1550; Matteo Caccini, born in Florence in 1573, was an horticulturist; Tommaso Caccini dedicated his life to the church in the late 16th century; Pompeo Caccini was a painter in Florence whose works include Saint Trinity, which is in the Strozzi Chapel in Florence still today; Alessandro Cacciatore of Milan, was a theologian who dedicated his life to the...
Another 90 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cacciatore Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cacciatore migration to the United States
Research into various historical records has revealed some of first members of the Cacciatore family to immigrate North America:
Typical Cacciatore Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Cacciatore Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Cacciatore, aged 36, who settled in America from Alessandria, in 1906
- Andrea Cacciatore, aged 28, who settled in America from Filandari, in 1907
- Amalia Cacciatore, aged 22, who landed in America from S. Stefano, Italy, in 1911
- Andrea Cacciatore, aged 48, who immigrated to the United States from S. Stefano, Sicily, in 1911
- Alfonso Cacciatore, aged 2, who landed in America from Girgenti, Sicily, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Cacciatore (post 1700)
- Steve Cacciatore (b. 1954), American former soccer forward
- Jeff Cacciatore (b. 1958), American former soccer forward, inducted into the Saint Louis Soccer Hall of Fame in 2013
- Frank I. Cacciatore (b. 1955), American minor league baseball coach in the Philadelphia Phillies
- Niccolò Cacciatore (1770-1841), Italian astronomer from Sicily
- Fabrizio Cacciatore (b. 1986), Italian footballer
- Osvaldo Cacciatore (1924-2007), Argentine Air Force brigadier and politician, Mayor of Buenos Aires (1976-1982)
You May Also Like