Cabanas History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origins the old family name Cabanas can be found within medieval Spain. While the patronymic and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the name of the father and mother respectively, are the most common form of a hereditary surname in Spain, occupational surnames also emerged during the late Middle Ages. Many people, such as the Cabanas family, adopted the name of their occupation as their surname. The surname Cabanas was an occupational name for a knight or a knight's servant.
Early Origins of the Cabanas family
The surname Cabanas was first found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Cabanas family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cabanas research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1176, 1656, 1704, 1697, 1703, 1645, 1697, 1670 and 1679 are included under the topic Early Cabanas History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cabanas Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Caballero, Caballeros, Caballer, Caballé, Caballe, Caballería, Caballeria, Caballo, Caballos, de Caballos, Cavallo, Cavallos, de Cavallos, Cavallón, Cavallon, de Cavallón, de Cavallon, Cavallero, Cavallería and many more.
Early Notables of the Cabanas family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were eighteenth century Spanish politician Jerónimo Caballero, first Marquis of Caballero; eighteenth century Spanish military officer Juan Caballero; nineteenth century Cuban philosopher José de la Luz Caballero; nineteenth century Spanish military officer Antonio Caballero y Fernández de Rodas; nineteenth century Paraguayan politician...
Another 48 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cabanas Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cabanas migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cabanas Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Fernando Cabanas, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1821 
- Pedro Cabanas, aged 21, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1825 
- Hernando De Cabanas, who arrived in America in 1827 
- D Cabanas, aged 29, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- F Cabanas, aged 25, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1838 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Cabanas (post 1700) +
- Roberto Cabañas González (1961-2017), Paraguayan footballer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)