on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Caballero family come from? What is the Spanish Caballero family crest and coat of arms? When did the Caballero family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Caballero family history?The origins the old family name Caballero can be found within medieval Spain. While the patronymic and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the name of the father and mother respectively, are the most common form of a hereditary surname in Spain, occupational surnames also emerged during the late Middle Ages. Many people, such as the Caballero family, adopted the name of their occupation as their surname. The surname Caballero was an occupational name for a knight or a knight's servant.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Caballero, Caballeros, Caballer, Caballé, Caballe, Caballería, Caballeria, Caballo, Caballos, de Caballos, Cavallo, Cavallos, de Cavallos, Cavallón, Cavallon, de Cavallón, de Cavallon, Cavallero, Cavallería and many more.
First found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Caballero research. Another 189 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1176, 1656, 1704, 1697, 1703, 1645, 1697, 1670 and 1679 are included under the topic Early Caballero History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 179 words (13 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Caballero Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Alonso Caballero sailed to America in 1517 with his brother Diego
- Juan Caballero sailed to New Spain in 1534
- Cristóbal Caballero sailed to America in 1538
- Francisco Caballero sailed to Peru in 1553 with his wife
- Antón Caballero sailed to Peru in 1592
Caballero Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Marcos Caballero, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Alonso Caballero, who landed in America in 1817
- L Caballero, aged 22, landed in New Orleans, La in 1823
- Jose Caballero, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Mani Caballero, aged 30, landed in New Orleans, La in 1830
- Manuel Caballero, American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Colonia, 1897
- Lydia Caballero, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 2004
- Jose Caballero, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Washington, 1996
- Anna M. Caballero, American Democrat politician, Mayor of Salinas, California, 2003-04; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2008
- Steve Caballero (b. 1964), American professional skateboarder
- Raymond Caballero (b. 1942), American politician, mayor of El Paso, Texas (2001-2003)
- Fernán Caballero (1797-1877), Spanish novelist
- Jorge Samuel Caballero (b. 1974), Honduran footballer
- Celestino "Pelenchin" Caballero (b. 1976), Panamanian professional boxer
- Bernardion Caballero Melgarejo (1839-1912), President of Paraguay from 1881 until 1886
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Caballero Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Caballero Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 November 2015 at 10:43.
on orders of $85 or more