Buzzelli History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Buzzelli family
The surname Buzzelli was first found in the city of Varese, where earliest records date back to 1277 with the Bizzozzeri family, who were nobility of the city.
Early History of the Buzzelli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Buzzelli research. More information is included under the topic Early Buzzelli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Buzzelli Spelling Variations
Italian surnames come in far more variations than the names of most other nationalities. Regional traditions and dialects are a decisive factor in this characteristic. For example, northern names tend to end in "o", while southern in "i". Also important, but not unique to Italy, was the fact that before dictionaries and the printing press most scribes simply spelled words according to their sounds. The predictable result was an enormous number of spelling variations. The recorded spellings of Buzzelli include Bizzarro, Bizarro, Bizzaro, Bizaro, Bizzarri, Bissari, Bizarri, Bizzari, Bizari, Bizzotto, Bizotto, Bizo, Bizzo, Bizoni, Bizzelli, Bizelli, Bizzi, Bizzoni, Bizozzeri, Bizzarini and many more.
Early Notables of the Buzzelli family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Tommaso Bizzocchi, chancellor of the Malatesti House in Rimini during the 15th century
Pietro Bizzarri, (1530?-1586?) born at Sassoferrato in Umbria, was a castle owner who committed himself to the church. He was also a famous author and dedicated his work entitled...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Buzzelli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Buzzelli migration to the United States ||+|
Analysis of immigration records indicates that some of the first North American immigrants bore the name Buzzelli or a variant listed above:
Buzzelli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Colomba Buzzelli, aged 31, who landed in America from Castel di Sangro, in 1903
- Alessandrina Buzzelli, aged 12, who immigrated to the United States from Augusta, Castel di Sangro, Italy, in 1908
- Antonio Buzzelli, aged 21, who landed in America from Castel Di Saugroa, Aguila, in 1909
- Carmine Buzzelli, aged 16, who immigrated to America from Gagliano Aterneo, Italy, in 1909
- Antonio Buzzelli, aged 17, who settled in America from Castel di Langro, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Buzzelli (post 1700) ||+|
- Guido Buzzelli (1927-1992), Italian comic book artist, writer, illustrator and painter