Buono History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Buono was created from the personal name Bona, which is derived from the Latin name Bonus, which means "good." The popularity of the personal name Bonus, was in part due to the name being borne by a 3rd-century Christian saint, martyred at Rome.
Early Origins of the Buono family
The surname Buono was first found in the city of Milan, where earliest records are of the Bonacina family in 1220.
Early History of the Buono family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Buono research. More information is included under the topic Early Buono History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Buono Spelling Variations
There are many variations of most of those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. Some of these come from regional differences, like the tradition of ending northern names in "o" and southern names in "i". Others come from inaccuracies in the recording process, which were extremely common in the eras before dictionaries standardized spelling. Some of the spelling variations of Buono are Boni, Bono, Bona, Bon, Buono, De Boni, De Bonis, De Bono, De Buono, Del Bono, Della Bona, Del Buono, Di Bono, Lo Bono, Lobono, Lo Buono, Bonelli, Bonello, Boniello, Bonetti, Bonetto, Bonet, Bonini, Bonino, Bonin, Bonucci, Bonuccelli, Bonioli, Boniolo, Bonotti, Boniotti, Boniotto, Bononi, Bonon, Bonacci, Bonaccio, Bonaccini, Bonazzi, Bonazza, Bonassi, Bonassini, Bonassin, Bonassili, Bonaca, Bonaga, Bonaghi, Bonaldi, Bonaldo, Bonaudo, Bonani, Bonandi, Bonardi, Bonati, Bonato, Bonatti, Boneri, Boneschi, Bonacina, Bonico, Bonici, Bonichi, Bonicelli, Bonicco, Bonito, Bonutti and many more.
Early Notables of the Buono family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Bartolomeo Bono (c.1463-1529), a Lombard architect who worked in Venice and designed parts of the Piazza di San Marco; Giacomo Boni (1688-1766), Italian painter of the late-Baroque period, who worked mostly in Genoa. Egidio Boni, born in Cortona in 1350, dedicated his life to the church and eventually became the Bishop of Vicenza; the Boni family of Florence produced 12 priests; Bartolomeo Bonino was Bishop of Sebenco from 1495 to 1512; members of the Bon family in Venice were castle owners during the 15th and 16th centuries; Giovanni Boni...
Another 99 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Buono Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Buono is the 11,586th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Buono is ranked the 9,556th most popular surname with an estimated 500 - 1,000 people with that name. 
Migration of the Buono family
In the immigration and passenger lists were a number of people bearing the name Buono Anna Boni, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1767; Maria Bono, age 33, who arrived in America on Aug. 19, 1881, aboard the "Amerique".
Contemporary Notables of the name Buono (post 1700) +
- Victor Buono (1938-1982), American actor and comic, perhaps best known for his role as the villain King Tut on the television series Batman
- Barbara Buono (b. 1953), American Democratic Party politician, Member of the New Jersey Senate (2002-2014)
- Cara Buono (b. 1974), American Primetime Emmy Award nominated actress, known for her roles in Let Me In (2010), Hulk (2003) and Paper Towns (2015)
- Christopher Buono (b. 1984), American entrepreneur
- Matthew Joseph “Giggy” Buono (1942-1968), American soldier fallen in the Vietnam War
- John L. Buono (b. 1943), American Republican Party politician
- Cosmo Buono, American pianist
- Gianni Del Buono (b. 1943), former Italian middle distance runner, two-time Olympian (1968 and 1972)
- Nicola Lo Buono (1933-2009), Italian football defender
- Pasquale "Wally" Buono CM (b. 1950), Italian general manager, vice president of football operations and alternate governor of the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/