Bulow History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Bulow, which is a local surname, reveals that the original bearer of the name once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Saxony.The modern state of Saxony is renowned for both its beauty, industry, and economic power. However, in the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land.The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe name the Saxons who inhabited the territory after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Early Origins of the Bulow family
The surname Bulow was first found in Saxony, where this family became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times.
Important Dates for the Bulow family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bulow research. Another 99 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1705, 1755, 1757, 1799, 1800, 1801, 1805, 1807, 1816, and 1846 are included under the topic Early Bulow History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bulow Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bulow, Bullow, Bulau, Bulaue, Bulauwe, Buelow, Buellow, Buelau, Buelaue, Buelauwe, Bolow, Boelow, Bollow, Boellow, Bolau, Boelau, Bolaue, Boelaue, Bolauwe, Boelauwe and many more.
Early Notables of the Bulow family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Bulow at this time were Dietrich Heinrich Bulow (1757-1807), Prussian soldier and military writer, whose works include "Geist des Neueren Kriegssystems" written in Hamburg in 1799, Der Feldzug...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bulow Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bulow family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Antoine Bullau who arrived in Canada; Christ. Bollow who arrived in New York City in 1850; and other settlers who established themselves along the eastern coast of the United States and in Canada during the 18th and 19th centuries..
Contemporary Notables of the name Bulow (post 1700)
- David Bulow (b. 1980), American soccer player who currently plays for Richmond Kickers
- William John Bulow (1869-1960), American politician and a lawyer, the first Democratic Governor of South Dakota (1927-1931)United States Senator from South Dakota (1931-1943)
- William John Bulow (1869-1960), American Democrat politician, Member of South Dakota State Senate 1st District, 1899-1900; Union County Judge, 1918; Governor of South Dakota, 1927-31 
- Leon C. Bulow, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Delaware, 1952 
- Hans Guido Bülow (1830-1894), German conductor
- Melissa Jane Bulow (b. 1980), Australian cricketer
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 3) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html