on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Buckner family come from? What is the German Buckner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Buckner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Buckner family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bockner, Bochner, Buckner, Bocher, Buchenau, Buckner and many more.
First found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Buckner research. Another 299 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1470, 1838, 1614 and 1669 are included under the topic Early Buckner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Buckner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Buckner Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Buckner, who arrived in Virginia in 1667
- Antho Buckner who arrived in Virginia in 1690
Buckner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Margt Buckner, who arrived in Virginia in 1717
Buckner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mary Buckner, aged 45, landed in America in 1822
- James Buckner, aged 50, landed in America in 1822
- Lucy Buckner, who landed in New York in 1846
- Carl Buckner who settled in Texas in 1846
- Frederick Buckner who settled in Philadelphia in 1853
Buckner Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Hewey Buckner U.E who settled in Lincoln County, Niagara, Ontario c. 1783
- Mr. John Buckner Sr., U.E. who settled in Home District, [Niagara], Lincoln County, Ontario c. 1783
- Mr. Mathias Buckner U.E who settled in Lincoln County, Niagara, Ontario c. 1783
Buckner Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Charles Buckner, aged 19, a labourer, arrived in Saint John, NB aboard the ship "Bartley" in 1833
- Henry Buckner who settled in Ontario, Canada in 1871
- Lieutenant-General Simon Bolivar Jr. Buckner (1886-1945), American Commanding General 10th Army (1944-1945)
- Richard Buckner, American contemporary singer-songwriter
- Aylett Hawes Buckner (1816-1894), American lawyer and U.S. Representative from Missouri, 1873-85
- William Joseph "Bill" Buckner (b. 1949), American Major League Baseball player
- Simon Bolivar Buckner Jr. (1886-1945), American Army General during World War II
- Simon Bolivar Buckner (1823-1914), United States Army officer and a general in the Confederate States Army during the American Civil War
- History of Ellis, Buckner and Allied Families in America by Janis H. Miller.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
The Buckner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Buckner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 February 2015 at 13:15.
on orders of $85 or more