A variety of distinguished and notable names have emerged from the beautiful and historical Italian region of Tuscany
, including the notable surname Buccino. During the Middle Ages, as populations grew and travel between regions became more frequent, the people of Tuscany, who were originally known only by a single name, found it necessary to adopt a second name to identify themselves and their families. This process of adopting fixed hereditary surnames
in Italy began in the 10th and 11th centuries, but it was not completed until the modern era. The surname Buccino came from the personal name
Early Origins of the Buccino family
The surname Buccino was first found in the city of Arezzo in the 11th century, where members of the Bacci family were respected as nobility in Arezzo, Pesaro, and San Marino.
Early History of the Buccino family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Buccino research.Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Buccino History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Buccino Spelling Variations
Enormous variation in spelling and form characterizes those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. This is caused by two main factors: regional tradition, and inaccuracies in the recording process. Before the last few hundred
years, scribes spelled names according to their sounds. Spelling variations
were the unsurprising result. The variations of Buccino include Baci, Bacci, Bacciocchi, Bacciano, Bacile, Bacilieri, Baccilieri, Bacilotto, Bacinetti, Baciocchi, Baccetti, Bacciarelli, Baccini, Baccino, Baccioli, Bacciolo, Bacioli, Baciolo, Bacciotti, Bacciottini, Bacciani and many more.
Early Notables of the Buccino family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Bacciliero Bacilieri, a soldier in 1188 in Bologna; Nicolo Bacilieri, a priest in Modena in 1212; Tiberio Baccilieri, a philosopher in Bologna in 1461; Pellegrino Bacile, a landowner and Baron
of Castiglione and Sannicola in Pettorano; another Bacile, a Count in Fermo; Tiberio Bacilieri... Another 92 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Buccino Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Buccino family to the New World and Oceana
Discovered in the immigration and passenger lists were a number of people bearing the name Buccino:
Buccino Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Aniello Buccino, aged 10, who settled in America from Bagnoli Irpino, in 1899
Buccino Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Buccino, aged 13, who landed in America from Salerno, in 1902
- Antonio Buccino, aged 8, who emigrated to America from Potenza, Italy, in 1904
- Carmela Buccino, aged 5, who landed in America from Potenza, Italy, in 1904
- Carmine Buccino, aged 2, who settled in America from Potenza, Italy, in 1904
- Agostino Buccino, aged 28, who emigrated to the United States from Serracapriola, in 1905
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Buccino (post 1700)
- Dario Buccino (b. 1968), Italian composer, singer-songwriter and music theorist
Buccino Family Crest Products