Bucci History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bucci family
The surname Bucci was first found in Cesena, a town in the Emilia-Romagna region at the foot of the Apennines, crowned with the ancient fortress of Rocca. In 1357 it was defended against Albornez, in 1377 sacked by Cardinal Robert of Geneva and in 1465 came under the domination of the Church. Pius VI and Pius VII were both born here. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Bucci family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bucci research. Another 110 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1579 is included under the topic Early Bucci History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bucci Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bucci, Debucci, D'Bucci, Dibucci, Buccio, Bucciarelli and many more.
Early Notables of the Bucci family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bucci Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Bucci is the 8,854th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Bucci migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bucci Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alessandri Bucci, aged 23, who immigrated to the United States from Campobasso, Italy, in 1907
- Alfredo Bucci, aged 19, who immigrated to the United States from Roma, Artena, Italy, in 1907
- Adolfo Bucci, aged 2, who settled in America from Caprioli, Italy, in 1909
- Alfredo Bucci, aged 19, who landed in America from Artena, Italy, in 1910
- Alessandro Bucci, aged 25, who immigrated to America from Pozzilli, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Bucci (post 1700) ||+|
- Mike Bucci (b. 1972), American professional wrestler
- Mark Bucci (1924-2002), American composer and playwright
- George Bucci (b. 1953), American professional basketball player
- Vincent A. Bucci, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Rhode Island, 1940 
- Thomas M. Bucci, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate in primary for Mayor of Bridgeport, Connecticut, 1983 
- Lido M. Bucci (1940-2000), American politician, Circuit Judge in Michigan, 1992-2000 
- Alberto Bucci (1948-2019), Italian professional basketball coach and President of Virtus Bologna from 2016 to 2019
- Luca Bucci (b. 1969), Italian professional football player
- Ambrossini Bucci (b. 1987), Italian professional football player
- Emiliano Bucci (b. 1974), Italian pianist, teacher of piano, musicology doctor
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)