Brumm History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Brumm family
The surname Brumm was first found in Wurtemberg, where the name Broem became noted for its many branches with the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied enrolled by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Important Dates for the Brumm family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Brumm research. Another 72 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 182 and 1826 are included under the topic Early Brumm History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Brumm Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Broemm, Broemme, Broeme, Broam, Broamm, Broamme, Bromm, Bromme, Brome, Brom, Bröm, Broem, Brumm, Brumme, Brume, Brum, Bruemm, Bruemme, Brueme and many more.
Early Notables of the Brumm family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Brumm Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Brumm migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Brumm Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Michael Brumm, who landed in America in 1752 
- Henrich Philipp Brumm, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
Brumm Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Louis Brumm, aged 13, who arrived in New York, NY in 1847 
- Friederik Brumm, aged 28, who arrived in New York, NY in 1847 
- G Brumm, aged 18, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- Georg Brumm, aged 18, who arrived in New York, NY in 1847 
- Caroline Brumm, aged 10, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Brumm (post 1700)
- Leonard W. Brumm, American politician, Mayor of Marquette, Michigan, 1952, 1954 
- John L. Brumm (1878-1958), American Democrat politician, Candidate for Mayor of Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1943; Candidate for University of Michigan Board of Regents, 1947 
- Hugo Brumm, American politician, Candidate for Connecticut State House of Representatives from Stonington, 1906, 1912 
- George Franklin Brumm (1878-1934), American Republican politician, U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania 13th District, 1923-27, 1929-34 
- Charles Napoleon Brumm (1838-1917), American politician, Representative from Pennsylvania, 1881-89, 1895-99, 1906-09; Defeated, 1880, 1888; Common Pleas Court Judge in Pennsylvania, 1909-17 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html