on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Bronner family come from? What is the German Bronner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bronner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bronner family history?The German surname Bronner emerged in the lands that formed the modern state of Lower Saxony, which is presently bordered by the North Sea, the Hartz mountains and the Elbe and Ems Rivers. Lower Saxony was previously a medieval Saxon dukedom. In the Middle Ages, many of the Saxon lands were a part of the Holy Roman Empire, which was characterized by the feudal system.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Braun, Braunn, Braune, Braunne, Bronn, Bronne and others.
First found in Baden, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bronner research. Another 154 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1684, 1738, 1770, and 1801 are included under the topic Early Bronner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bronner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bronner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Felix Bronner, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Paul Bronner, aged 28, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1736
- Johann Jacob Bronner, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1748
- Heini Bronner, who arrived in America in 1749
- Adam Bronner, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1749
Bronner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Philip Bronner, aged 23, landed in New York in 1830
- Christian Bronner, aged 24, landed in New York in 1830
- George Bronner, aged 24, landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847
- Michael Bronner, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1873
- Leonard Bronner Jr., American Republican politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from New York County 7th District, 1933
- Gila Bronner, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1996, 2004
- Dennis R. Bronner, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Delegate to Michigan State Constitutional Convention from Wayne County 20th District, 1961
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
The Bronner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bronner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 February 2016 at 09:08.
on orders of $85 or more