Early Origins of the Brider family
The surname Brider was first found in Saxony
, where the name Bridel was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal
society of early Europe. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Brider family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Brider research.Another 201 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 180 and 1804 are included under the topic Early Brider History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Brider Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Bridel, Bridell, Bridelle, Bridele, Breidel, Breidell, Breidelle, Briden, Brider, Brideler, Brideller, Bridelen, Bridellen, Breiden and many more.
Early Notables of the Brider family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Brider Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Brider family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Brider Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Robert Brider who arrived in Maryland in 1663
- Robert Brider, who arrived in Maryland in 1663 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Brider Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Edward Charles Brider, aged 33, a shoemaker, who arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Golden Sea" in 1874
- Tryphena Brider, aged 29, who arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Golden Sea" in 1874
- Edward Henry Brider, aged 10, who arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Golden Sea" in 1874
- Herbert Brider, aged 3, who arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Golden Sea" in 1874