Bresciani History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Bresciani family
The surname Bresciani was first found in Brescia (Latin: Brixia) in Lomardy, capital of the province of Brescia. The Pizza del Museois the main feature of the town and marks the site of the Forum. Vespasian erected the Capitoleum in 73 A.D. It contains the famous bronze statue of Vistory. The convent of S.Salvatore is also notable, founded by Desiderius, King of Lomardy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Bresciani family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bresciani research.Another 217 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1094, 1332, 1632, 1652, 1612, 1672 and 1642 are included under the topic Early Bresciani History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bresciani Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Brescia, Bresciani, Bresci, Bressa, Bressi, Bressani, Bressano, Bressan, Bressanelli, Bressini and many more.
Early Notables of the Bresciani family (pre 1700)
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bresciani Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bresciani family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bresciani Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Benedetto Bresciani, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States from Albera, in 1903
- Ercole Bresciani, aged 35, who emigrated to America from Pictrasanta, in 1907
- Elena Bresciani, aged 8, who landed in America from Filaltiera, Italy, in 1909
- Carola Bresciani, aged 33, who settled in America from Filaltiera, Italy, in 1909
- Battista Bresciani, aged 33, who settled in America from Filaltiera, Italy, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Bresciani (post 1700)
- Dean L. Bresciani, American academic administrator, President of North Dakota State University (2010-)
- Richard L. "Dick" Bresciani (1938-2014), American baseball executive, Vice President of Public Relations for the Red Sox (1987-2003), Vice President/Publications and Archives (2003-2014)
- Acaste Bresciani (1882-1969), Italian prelate and author
- Giorgio Bresciani (b. 1969), retired Italian professional football player who played from 1986 to 2006
- Edda Bresciani (b. 1930), Italian Egyptologist
- Antonio Bresciani (1720-1817), Italian painter and engraver
- Andrea Bresciani (1923-2006), Italian-born comics artist, illustrator, and animator
- Ardito Bresciani (1899-1948), Italian cyclist who competed in two events at the 1924 Summer Olympics
Bresciani Family Crest Products