Breitenbach History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Breitenbach family
The surname Breitenbach was first found in Hessen, where the name was closely identified in the early period of history with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout Europe. The name would later emerge as an influential noble family, having many distinguished branches, and well known for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Breitenbach family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Breitenbach research. Another 125 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1690, 1837, 1856, and 1871 are included under the topic Early Breitenbach History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Breitenbach Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Breitenstein, Britenstine, Bridenstine, Bridenstein, Breitenberg, Breittenberg, Breitenberge, Breidenbergs, Breidenbberg, Breitenbach, Breidenbach, Breidenstein, Breitenberger, Breitenbuck, von Riedt and many more.
Early Notables of the Breitenbach family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Breitenbach Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Breitenbach migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Breitenbach Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Breitenbach, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1746 
- Henri Breitenbach, who arrived in America in 1777-1783 
- Johann Heinrich Breitenbach, who arrived in America in 1780-1783 
- Friedrich Breitenbach, who arrived in America in 1780-1783 
Breitenbach Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lorenz Breitenbach, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1804 
- Anna Elisabeth Breitenbach, who arrived in North America in 1843
- Clem Breitenbach, who settled in New York, NY in 1852
- Conrad Breitenbach, who settled in St. Clair Co. IL in 1876
- Conrad Breitenbach, who landed in St Clair County, Illinois in 1876 
Contemporary Notables of the name Breitenbach (post 1700) +
- Josef Breitenbach (1896-1984), German-born American photographer
- Alfred Breitenbach (1875-1942), birth name of Fred Fisher, a German-born American songwriter and Tin Pan Alley music publisher
- Thomas E. Breitenbach (b. 1951), self-taught American artist, the youngest person to receive the Rome Prize Fellowship
- William Breitenbach (1897-1937), American Democrat politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Kings County 13th District, 1925-34; Member of New York Democratic State Committee, 1936 
- Edward Breitenbach, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 28th District, 1974 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html