on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Breault family come from? What is the French Breault family crest and coat of arms? When did the Breault family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Breault family history?The prestigious surname Breault originated in the beautiful and majestic region of Poitou in France. France was notorious for its eccentric kings, but it was revered for its contributions to European art and culture. The surname Breault originally came from the region of Poitou. It is a topographical name, which is a type of hereditary surname. Topographical surnames were taken from physical features or landmarks that the family lived near.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Brault, Braud, Braut, Braux, Breaud, Bréaud, Breault, Bréault, Breau, Breauld, Bréauld, Braudel, Braudey, Beraud, Béraud, Beraut, Béraut, Berault, Bérault, Béral, Bérau and many more.
First found in Poitou, where the family had an integral role in the social and cultural aspects of the region.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Breault research. Another 161 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1322, 1377, 1616, 1773, 1809, and 1827 are included under the topic Early Breault History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 34 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Breault Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Breault Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Arthur Breault, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States, in 1919
- Omer A Breault, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1919
- William Breault, aged 26, who settled in America from Pawtucket, in 1920
- Henry Breault (1900-1941), American sailor who received the Medal of Honor, the only enlisted submariner to receive the award
- Robert Breault (b. 1963), American operatic tenor
- Michael Breault (b. 1958), American game designer and editor, best known for his work on several products for Dungeons & Dragons
- Francois "Frank" Breault (b. 1967), Canadian NHL ice hockey player who played from 1990 to 1992 for the Los Angeles Kings
- Henri Breault (1909-1983), Canadian doctor and medical researcher, inducted into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame in 1997
- Gertrude Ann Breault (b. 1938), Canadian teacher, nurse, journalist and former politician, Minister of Health and Wellness (1998-1999), Minister of Municipalities, Culture and Housing (1997-1998)
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
The Breault Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Breault Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 December 2014 at 15:03.
on orders of $85 or more