on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Bratz family come from? What is the German Bratz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bratz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bratz family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Braatz, Braats, Brats, Bratz, Bratsche, Bratt and many more.
First found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bratz research. Another 233 words (17 lines of text) covering the year 1798 is included under the topic Early Bratz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Bratz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bratz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Georg Bratz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1746
- Georg Bratz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1746
- Jerg Bratz, who came to America in 1748
Bratz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johan Bratz, aged 21, arrived in New York, NY in 1848
- Gottl Bratz, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Richard D Bratz, Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
The Bratz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bratz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 March 2014 at 01:59.
on orders of $85 or more