Brasier History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The enchanting region of Bourgoigne was the historical homeland of the prominent surname Brasier. Brasier is a topographic surname, which is a type of hereditary surname. These were given to a person who resided near a physical feature such as a hill, stream, church, or type of tree. Habitation names form the other broad category of surnames that were derived from place-names. They were derived from pre-existing names for towns, villages, parishes, or farmsteads. Other local names are derived from the names of houses, manors, estates, regions, and entire counties. As a general rule, the greater the distance between an individual and their homeland, the larger the territory they were named after. For example, a person who only moved to another parish would be known by the name of their original village, while people who migrated to a different country were often known by the name of a region or country from which they came. The name Brasier was first found in Burgundy, where this family was established in a village in Côte-d'Or, in the district of Beaune.
Early Origins of the Brasier family
The surname Brasier was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where this family was anciently established in a village in Côte-d'Or, in the district of Beaune.
Early History of the Brasier family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Brasier research. Another 68 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1739, 1783, and 1808 are included under the topic Early Brasier History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Brasier Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Brazeau, Braseau, Brazeaux, Braseaux, Brazot, Brasot, Brazaud, Brasaud, Brazaut, Brasaut, Brazaux, Brasaux, Brazauld, Brasauld, Brazault, Brasault, Brazaulx, Brasaulx, Brazet, Braset, Brazey, Brasey, Brazier, Brasier, Brazy and many more.
Early Notables of the Brasier family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Brasier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Brasier migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Brasier Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Brasier, who landed in Virginia in 1724 
Contemporary Notables of the name Brasier (post 1700) +
- Theresa Mary Brasier (b. 1956), birth name of Theresa Mary May, British politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and the Leader of the Conservative Party
- Ryan David Brasier (b. 1987), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Henry Brasier (1864-1942), American engineer
- Martin David Brasier FLS (1947-2014), English palaeobiologist and astrobiologist, awarded the Lyell Medal in 2014
- Brook Brasier (1879-1940), Irish politician
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)