Braidint History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Braidint family
The surname Braidint was first found in South Northamptonshire at Bradden, a village that dates back to the Domesday Book of 1086 when it was first listed as Bradene. Literally the place name means "broad valley," from the Old English words "brad" + "denu."  The parish church is dedicated to St Michael and was built in the 13th century.
Early History of the Braidint family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Braidint research. Another 94 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Braidint History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Braidint Spelling Variations
Although the name, Braidint, appeared in many references, from time to time, the surname was shown with the spellings Braden, Braddene, Bradens, Braiding, McBradden and many more.
Early Notables of the Braidint family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Braidint Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Braidint family to Ireland
Some of the Braidint family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. More information about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Braidint family
Gradually becoming disenchanted with life in Ireland many of these uprooted families sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. These overcrowded ships often arrived with only 60 to 70% of their original passenger list, many dying of cholera, typhoid, dysentery or small pox. In North America, some of the first immigrants who could be considered kinsmen of the Braidint family name Braidint, or who bore a variation of the surname were Adam Braden who settled in Texas in 1846; with his wife Barbara; Frederick Braden settled in Boston Mass in 1766; Henry Braden arrived in Philadelphia in 1844..