on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Braden family come from? What is the English Braden family crest and coat of arms? When did the Braden family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Braden family history?
The name Braden, appeared in many references, and from time to time, the surname was spelt Braden, Braddene, Bradens, Braiding, McBradden and many more.
First found in Northumberland where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Braden research. Another 163 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Braden History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Braden Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the Braden family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt. Another 180 words(13 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products.
The New World beckoned as many of the settlers in Ireland, known as the Scotch/Irish, became disenchanted. They sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. Some called them, less romantically, the "coffin ships." Amongst the early settlers who could be considered kinsmen of the Braden family, or who bore a variation of the surname Braden were
Braden Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Frederick Braden settled in Boston Massachusetts in 1766
Braden Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles Braden, aged 37, landed in Delaware in 1812
- Henry Braden arrived in Philadelphia in 1844
- Anton Braden, who arrived in Texas in 1845
- Adam Braden who settled in Texas in 1846 with his wife Barbara
- John Braden, aged 69, arrived in New York, NY in 1850
Braden Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- George Braden, aged 22, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Emma Braden, aged 18, who emigrated to America from Tyrone, Ireland, in 1908
- Charles Braden, aged 62, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Clara E. Braden, aged 22, who settled in America, in 1911
- Ellen Braden, aged 18, who landed in America from Dromalais, Ireland, in 1911
- John Braden (1949-2004), American writer, producer, and director of motion pictures and television programs
- Allen Braden, award-winning American poet
- George C. Braden, American politician, 41st Lieutenant Governor of Ohio from 1928 to 1929
- Thomas Wardell Braden (1917-2009), American journalist, best remembered as the author of Eight is Enough
- Bernard Braden (1916-1993), Canadian-born, English actor and comedian, actor, and commentator
- Alison Braden (b. 1982), Canadian female water polo player silver medalist
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
The Braden Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Braden Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 15 January 2015 at 04:25.
on orders of $85 or more