Braatz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Braatz family
The surname Braatz was first found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Braatz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Braatz research. Another 109 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1798 is included under the topic Early Braatz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Braatz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Braatz, Braats, Brats, Bratz, Bratsche, Bratt and many more.
Early Notables of the Braatz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Braatz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Braatz is the 17,864th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Braatz migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Braatz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Michael Henry Braatz, who arrived in America in 1777 
- Fried Braatz, who landed in America in 1783 
- Mr Braatz, who landed in America in 1783 
- Friedrich Braatz, who landed in America in 1783 
Braatz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christiana Braatz, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1812
Braatz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Herman Edward Braatz, who settled in Wisconsin in 1916
Contemporary Notables of the name Braatz (post 1700) +
- Peter Braatz (b. 1959), German film-maker
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)