on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German, Polish
Where did the German Bouska family come from? What is the German Bouska family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bouska family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bouska family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bokska, Bouska, Bokiewicz, Boguska, Bogucki, Bousky and many more.
First found in West Prussia and Pomerelia, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families in the western region. From the 13th century onwards the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bouska research. Another 157 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1480 and 1657 are included under the topic Early Bouska History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Bouska Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bouska Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carl Bouska, who came to New York, NY in 1867
- Elisabeth Bouska, who came to New York, NY in 1870
- Catharine Bouska, who arrived in New York, NY in 1884
- Alois Bouska, who came to New York, NY in 1893
Bouska Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Vilem Bouska, who landed in Galveston, Tex in 1901
- William Bouska, who arrived in Galveston, Tex in 1901
- Joe Bouska, who landed in Galveston, Tex in 1905
- Adam Bouska (b. 1983), American award winning fashion photographer
- Václav Bouska (1910-1975), former Czechoslovakian football midfielder
- Svatopluk Bouska (b. 1947), Czechoslovakian former football player and manager
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Bouska Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bouska Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 December 2015 at 09:39.
on orders of $85 or more