Bottaro History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bottaro family
The surname Bottaro was first found in Lucca, a city and comune in Tuscany, capital of the province of Lucca and where Bascilican type churches abound. The history commences in 218 B.C., and passed through many hands in the intervening centuries. Many notable scholars and prelates lived here. The cathedral of St Martin was begun in 1060 by Bishop Anselm, later Pope Alexander II. It has many museums and galleries. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. This distinguished originates from Pieve di Mulazzo as was written in the war records in the year 1500.
Early History of the Bottaro family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bottaro research. Another 120 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1556, 1612 and 1835 are included under the topic Early Bottaro History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bottaro Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bottini, Botini, Botti, Bottài, Bottari, Bottaro, Bottèro, Bottèri, Bottèr, Bottinni, Bottìn, Bottaèlli and many more.
Early Notables of the Bottaro family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bottaro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bottaro migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bottaro Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Bottaro, aged 33, who immigrated to the United States from Licata, Sicily, in 1907
- Antonio Bottaro, aged 29, who landed in America from Lanciano, Italy, in 1910
- Angelo Bottaro, aged 31, who landed in America from Floridia, Italy, in 1911
- Antonia Bottaro, aged 0, who landed in America from Spadafora, Sicily, in 1912
- Antonino Bottaro, aged 10, who settled in America from Licata, Sicily, in 1921
Contemporary Notables of the name Bottaro (post 1700) +
- Timothy Bottaro, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Iowa, 2008 
Related Stories +