Boscarino History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Boscarino family can trace its noble origins to the Italian region of Piedmont. Although people were originally known only by a single name, it became necessary for people to adapt a second name to identify themselves as populations grew and travel became more frequent. The process of adopting fixed hereditary surnames was not complete until the modern era, but the use of hereditary family names in Italy began in the 10th and 11th centuries. Italian hereditary surnames were developed according to fairly general principles and they are characterized by a profusion of derivatives coined from given names. Although the most traditional type of family name found in the region of Piedmont is the patronymic surname, which is derived from the father's given name, local surnames are also found. Local names, which are the least frequent of the major types of surnames found in Italy, are derived from a place-name where the original bearer once resided or held land. Often Italian local surnames bore the prefix "di," which signifies emigration from one place to another, but does not necessarily denote nobility. The Boscarino family lived near a wood or forest. The word Italian word bosco is the root of this name.
Early Origins of the Boscarino family
The surname Boscarino was first found in the northern region of Piedmont.
Early History of the Boscarino family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boscarino research. More information is included under the topic Early Boscarino History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Boscarino Spelling Variations
Italian surnames come in far more variations than the names of most other nationalities. Regional traditions and dialects are a decisive factor in this characteristic. For example, northern names tend to end in "o", while southern in "i". Also important, but not unique to Italy, was the fact that before dictionaries and the printing press most scribes simply spelled words according to their sounds. The predictable result was an enormous number of spelling variations. The recorded spellings of Boscarino include Bosco, Boschi, Bosca, Busco, Busca, Del Bosco, Boscovich, Boschello, Boscoli, Boschetto, Boschetti, Boschini, Boschin, Boscolo, Boscaro, Boscari, Boascarello, Boscarino, Boscarini, Boscarin, Buscarino, Buscarini, Boscaino, Boscaini, Boscain, Buscaino, Boscariolo, Boscariol, Boscaroli, Boscarol, Boscarato, Boschero, Boschiero, Boschieri, Boschier, Boscherini, Boscaglia, Buscaglia, Buscaglione and many more.
Early Notables of the Boscarino family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Alberto Boschetti of Modena, who was an important member of the church during the 12th century; Albertino Boschetti was the Count of San Cesano in 1440; Bernardo di Bosco was the Bishop of Solsona, and became Archbishop of the town in 1460; Baldassare Boschetti of Modena dedicated his life to the church in 1542; Andrea Boscoli was a Florentine painter and is famous for works in the Uffizi gallery in Florence and for works in the Los Angeles Art Museum; Giovanni Boschetto was a priest and musician in Viterbo around 1570; Alfonso Boschi was...
Another 146 words (10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boscarino Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Boscarino migration to the United States +
Some of the first North American settlers with Boscarino name or one of its variants:
Boscarino Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bernarda Boscarino, aged 15, who immigrated to the United States from Corleone, in 1892
- Brasa Boscarino, aged 45, who landed in America from Corleone, in 1892
- Giovanna Boscarino, aged 13, who immigrated to the United States from Corleone, in 1892
- Gaetano Boscarino, aged 25, who landed in America from Campofiorito, in 1897
Boscarino Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carmelo Boscarino, aged 24, who immigrated to America from Solarino, in 1905
- Antonino Boscarino, aged 40, who settled in America from Grotte, Girgenti, Italy, in 1907
- Antonino Boscarino, aged 6, who immigrated to the United States from Campofiorito, Sicily, in 1911
- Giovanni Boscarino, aged 4, who landed in America from Campofiorito, Sicily, in 1911
- Antonia Boscarino, aged 5, who landed in America from Ficarazzi, Palermo, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Boscarino (post 1700) +
- Samantha Boscarino (b. 1994), American actress, known for her work on How to Rock (2012), The Clique (2008) and Zoe Gone (2014)
Related Stories +