Bornstein History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bornstein family
The surname Bornstein was first found in Mecklemburg, where the name Bornstadt made a great early contribution to the feudal society of early Europe. The name Bornstadt became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses where family members continued to play important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts which resulted as each group sought to maximize its power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
Early History of the Bornstein family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bornstein research. Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bornstein History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bornstein Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bornstadt, Bornstadte, Bornstad, Bornstade, Bornstatt, Bornstatte, Boernstadt, Boernstadte, Boernstad, Boernstade, Boernstatt, Boernstatte, Burnstadt, Buernstadt, Burnstadte, Buernstadte, Burnstad, Buernstad, Burnstade, Buernstade, Burnstatt, Buernstatt, Burnstatte and many more.
Early Notables of the Bornstein family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bornstein Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Bornstein is the 14,113rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Bornstein migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bornstein Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- D. Bornstein, who settled in New York, NY in 1848
- Ascher Bornstein, who arrived in New York, NY in 1871
- Favel Bornstein, who arrived in New York, NY in 1873
- H. Bornstein, who settled in Vancouver, BC in 1886
- I. Bornstein, who arrived in Tennessee in 1887
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Bornstein Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Isidor Bornstein, who settled in Illinois in 1916
Contemporary Notables of the name Bornstein (post 1700) +
- Julie Bornstein, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1988, 1996
- Erwin L. Bornstein, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 31st District, 1970
- Coleman L. Bornstein, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1960
- Boris Bornstein, American politician, Socialist Labor Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York, 1898 (33rd District), 1900 (32nd District)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm