FREE SHIPPING on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Borner family come from? What is the German Borner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Borner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Borner family history?The name Borner emerged in Pomerania, a territory of Germany and a maritime province of Prussia. Pomerania is bounded on the south by Brandenburg, on the west by Mecklenburg, and on the east by Poland. During the 5th century, Pomerania was settled by Pommern, a Slavic tribe. Pommern, which means on the sea, became the name of this region during the reign of the Charlemagne.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Barner, Baerner, Berner and others.
First found in Mecklenburg, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would shape European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Borner research. Another 509 words(36 lines of text) covering the years 1400, 1590, 1194, 1568, 1683, 1753 and 1683 are included under the topic Early Borner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 105 words(8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Borner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Borner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
Borner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
The Borner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Borner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 July 2013 at 15:03.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.