Bordes History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bordes family
The surname Bordes was first found in Hessen, where the name Bordes came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Bordes family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bordes research. Another 71 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 183 and 1838 are included under the topic Early Bordes History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bordes Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bordes, Borddes, Bordess, Baurdes, Baurddes, Borrdes, Baurrdes, Boerdes, Boerddes, Brudes, Bruddes, Brudess, Bruedes, Brueddes, Bruedess, Bawdes and many more.
Early Notables of the Bordes family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bordes Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bordes migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bordes Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mark Bordes, who settled in Philadelphia in 1811
- Josa Bordes, aged 23, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1827 
- M Bordes, aged 34, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Pedro Bordes, aged 28, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1835 
- Bertrand Bordes, who settled in New Orleans in 1845
Contemporary Notables of the name Bordes (post 1700) +
- James E. Bordes, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from New York, 1952 (alternate), 1956
- Charles Bordes (1863-1909), French music teacher and composer
- Ernest Dominique Bordes (1852-1914), French painter
- Pamella Bordes (b. 1966), Indian-born photographer and former Miss India
- François Bordes (1919-1981), French scientist, geologist, and archaeologist
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)