Early Origins of the Bonomo family
The surname Bonomo was first found in Trieste in Venice
(Italian: Venezia), and seaport occupying one of the most remarkable sites of the world. Centralizing on the Grand Canal the history of the city can be traced through the different styles of architecture Byzantine, Gothic, early Renaissance
and late Renaissance
. It is rich in ancient palaces, churches, libraries, galleries, monuments, statues, treasures and artifacts. Its history is abundant in politics, art, religion, scholarship and conflict. The ducal palace was commenced in 1309. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The first was Pietro Bonomi in 1200, an important family of Trieste.
Early History of the Bonomo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bonomo research.Another 183 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1365, 1442, 1458, 1546, 1502 and 1522 are included under the topic Early Bonomo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bonomo Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Bonomi, Bonomo, Bononi, Bonomolo, Bonomoli and others.
Early Notables of the Bonomo family (pre 1700)
Another 24 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bonomo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bonomo family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bonomo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agostino Bonomo, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Prossedi, Italy, in 1914
- Aldo Bonomo, aged 16, who landed in America from Villa San Stefano, Italy, in 1920
- Alfonso Bonomo, aged 36, who settled in America from Barisciano, Italy, in 1920
- Aloasio Bonomo, aged 33, who landed in America from Sanza, Italy, in 1920
- Andrea Bonomo, aged 29, who emigrated to the United States from Monreale, Sicily, in 1920
Contemporary Notables of the name Bonomo (post 1700)
- Justin "ZeeJustin" Bonomo (b. 1985), American professional poker player with live tournament winnings exceeding 5,000,000
- Joe Bonomo, American essayist, poet, and Rock and Roll writer