Bonetti History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Bonetti was created from the personal name Bona, which is derived from the Latin name Bonus, which means "good." The popularity of the personal name Bonus, was in part due to the name being borne by a 3rd-century Christian saint, martyred at Rome.
Early Origins of the Bonetti family
The surname Bonetti was first found in the city of Milan, where earliest records are of the Bonacina family in 1220.
Early History of the Bonetti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bonetti research. More information is included under the topic Early Bonetti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bonetti Spelling Variations
There are many variations of most of those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. Some of these come from regional differences, like the tradition of ending northern names in "o" and southern names in "i". Others come from inaccuracies in the recording process, which were extremely common in the eras before dictionaries standardized spelling. Some of the spelling variations of Bonetti are Boni, Bono, Bona, Bon, Buono, De Boni, De Bonis, De Bono, De Buono, Del Bono, Della Bona, Del Buono, Di Bono, Lo Bono, Lobono, Lo Buono, Bonelli, Bonello, Boniello, Bonetti, Bonetto, Bonet, Bonini, Bonino, Bonin, Bonucci, Bonuccelli, Bonioli, Boniolo, Bonotti, Boniotti, Boniotto, Bononi, Bonon, Bonacci, Bonaccio, Bonaccini, Bonazzi, Bonazza, Bonassi, Bonassini, Bonassin, Bonassili, Bonaca, Bonaga, Bonaghi, Bonaldi, Bonaldo, Bonaudo, Bonani, Bonandi, Bonardi, Bonati, Bonato, Bonatti, Boneri, Boneschi, Bonacina, Bonico, Bonici, Bonichi, Bonicelli, Bonicco, Bonito, Bonutti and many more.
Early Notables of the Bonetti family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Bartolomeo Bono (c.1463-1529), a Lombard architect who worked in Venice and designed parts of the Piazza di San Marco; Giacomo Boni (1688-1766), Italian painter of the late-Baroque period, who worked mostly in Genoa. Egidio Boni, born in Cortona in 1350, dedicated his life to the church and eventually became the Bishop of Vicenza; the Boni family of Florence produced 12 priests; Bartolomeo Bonino was Bishop of Sebenco from 1495 to 1512; members of the Bon family in Venice were castle owners during the 15th and 16th centuries; Giovanni Boni...
Another 99 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bonetti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Bonetti is the 15,574th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Bonetti migration to the United States ||+|
In the immigration and passenger lists were a number of people bearing the name Bonetti
Bonetti Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Giuseppe Bonetti, aged 34, who arrived in New York in 1919 aboard the ship "Dante Alighieri" from Genoa, Italy 
- Marine Bonetti, who arrived in New York in 1919 aboard the ship "Rochambeau" from Le Havre, France 
- Pietro Bonetti, aged 36, originally from Mello, Italy, who arrived in New York in 1920 aboard the ship "Leopoldina" from Le Havre, France 
- Teresa Bonetti, aged 27, originally from Bardolino, Italy, who arrived in New York City, New York in 1920 aboard the ship "Imperator" from Cherbourg, France 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Bonetti (post 1700) ||+|
- Addo E. Bonetti (1926-2021), American politician and Marine, Member of the Connecticut House of Representatives (1967-1979)
- David Bonetti (1947-2018), American art critic from Boston, Massachusetts
- John Joseph Bonetti (1928-2008), American professional poker player; his total live tournament winnings were 4,188,332
- Julio Giacomo Bonetti (1911-1952), American Major League Baseball right-handed pitcher for the St. Louis Browns and Chicago Cubs (1937-1940)
- Ivano Bonetti (b. 1964), Italian football manager and former midfielder
- Dario Bonetti (b. 1961), Italian football manager and former defender, older brother of Ivano Bonetti
- Peter Phillip Bonetti (1941-2020), English football goalkeeper for the England National Team (1966-1970) nicknamed "The Cat"
- Benjamin Bonetti (b. 1982), English self-help author and hypnotist
- Simon Bonetti (b. 1977), Australian former professional rugby league footballer who played for the Sydney Roosters (1997-2002)