Early Origins of the Bonacorsi family
The surname Bonacorsi was first found in Potenza, anciently called Potentia, a town in Lucania, capital of the province of Potenza, is recorded as one of the coldest towns in Italy. Anciently, the old town, dates back several centuries B.C. In 1694 there was a severe earthquake, a worse one in 1857 which laid the greater part of Potenza in ruins. Another earthquake in 1910 also damaged the town. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Bonacorsi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bonacorsi research.Another 173 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1302 and 1427 are included under the topic Early Bonacorsi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bonacorsi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Bonnaccorsi, Bonacorso, Bonaccurso, Bonacurso, Bonacorsi and many more.
Early Notables of the Bonacorsi family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bonacorsi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bonacorsi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bonacorsi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Cesare Bonacorsi, aged 17, who emigrated to America from Modena Sutola, in 1909
- Domenico Bonacorsi, aged 18, who landed in America from Sestola, Italy, in 1912
- Anselmo Bonacorsi, aged 17, who settled in America from Sestola, Italy, in 1912
- Antonio Bonacorsi, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Pavullo, Italy, in 1913
- Celestino Bonacorsi, aged 25, who landed in America from Barga, Italy, in 1920
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)