Bolz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bolz family
The surname Bolz was first found in Austria, where the name Bolza became noted for its many branches with the region where each house acquired a status and influence that was envied by the princes of the region. Over time, the family became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility.
Early History of the Bolz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bolz research. Another 80 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1761 is included under the topic Early Bolz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bolz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bolza, Bolzza, Bolze, Boltze, Bolzat, Bolzatt, Bollza, Bohlza, Bohlzza, Bolz, Bolze, Bolzer and many more.
Early Notables of the Bolz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bolz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bolz migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bolz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Trougodt Bolz, who arrived in Missouri in 1840
- Trougodt Bolz, aged 27, who landed in Missouri in 1840 
- Christian Bolz, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844 
- Margareta Bolz, who arrived in Texas in 1846
- Margareta Bolz, who arrived in Texas in 1846 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Bolz (post 1700) +
- Helmut-Felix Bolz, German fighter pilot and flying ace in the Luftwaffe, during World War II, credited with 20 aerial victories
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)