on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Bolanos family come from? What is the Spanish Bolanos family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bolanos family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bolanos family history?The origins of the surname Bolanos come from the ancient Occitadin word "bola," or from the Latin "bulla" which means "ball." In some Regions of Spain, the word "bolaños" was used to name the stone balls fired by catapults in the Middle Ages.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bolaños, Bolaño and others.
First found in the region of Galicia in the North West of the country, bordering with Portugal. However, evidence shows that the Bolanos family was also present in the provinces of Valladolid and Cuidad Real.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bolanos research. Another 183 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1540, 1549 and 1629 are included under the topic Early Bolanos History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 77 words(6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bolanos Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bolanos Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco be Bolanos, who landed in America in 1812
- Geronima De Bolanos, who arrived in Peru in 1892
- Juana be Bolanos, who landed in Peru in 1892
- Rodrigo be Bolanos, who arrived in Peru in 1892
- Gregorio Bolanos (b. 1925), Philippine, municipal police chief
- Jaime Bolaños (b. 1932), Mexican matador
- Enrique Bolanos (b. 1928), Nicaraguan politician, president of the Republic of Nicaragua (2002-2007)
- Christian Bolaños Navarro (b. 1984), Costa Rican footballer
- Luis Alberto Chucho Bolaños León (b. 1985), Ecuadorian football midfielder
- Miler Alejandro Bolaños Reasco (b. 1990), Ecuadorian footballer
- Jonathan Bolaños Navarro (b. 1978), Costa Rican football striker
- Alex Leonardo Bolaños Reascos (b. 1985), Ecuadorian footballer
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
The Bolanos Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bolanos Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 4 October 2013 at 08:37.
on orders of $85 or more