Bolanos History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origins of the surname Bolanos come from the ancient Occitadin word "bola," or from the Latin "bulla" which means "ball." In some Regions of Spain, the word "bolaños" was used to name the stone balls fired by catapults in the Middle Ages.
Early Origins of the Bolanos family
The surname Bolanos was first found in the region of Galicia in the North West of the country, bordering with Portugal. However, evidence shows that the Bolanos family was also present in the provinces of Valladolid and Cuidad Real.
Early History of the Bolanos family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bolanos research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1540, 1549 and 1629 are included under the topic Early Bolanos History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bolanos Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bolaños, Bolaño and others.
Early Notables of the Bolanos family (pre 1700)
Con la Reconquista guerra con la que los cristianos bajo las órdenes del rey Fernando y la reina Isabel reconquistaron a España y expulsaron a los musulmanes invasores en el año 1492. Dentro de estos nombres de familias se han destacado...
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bolanos Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Bolanos is the 6,984th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
| Bolanos migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bolanos Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco be Bolanos, who landed in America in 1812 
- Geronima De Bolanos, who arrived in Peru in 1892 
- Juana be Bolanos, who landed in Peru in 1892 
- Rodrigo be Bolanos, who arrived in Peru in 1892 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Bolanos (post 1700) ||+|
- Enrique José Bolaños Geyer (1928-2021), Nicaraguan politician, President of Nicaragua from 2002 to 2007
- Alex Leonardo Bolaños Reascos (b. 1985), Ecuadorian footballer
- Jonathan Bolaños Navarro (b. 1978), Costa Rican football striker
- Miler Alejandro Bolaños Reasco (b. 1990), Ecuadorian footballer
- Luis Alberto Chucho Bolaños León (b. 1985), Ecuadorian football midfielder
- Christian Bolaños Navarro (b. 1984), Costa Rican footballer
- Jaime Bolaños (b. 1932), Mexican matador
- Gregorio Bolanos (b. 1925), Philippine, municipal police chief
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)