on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Bojorquez family come from? What is the Spanish Bojorquez family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bojorquez family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bojorquez family history?The story of the Bojorquez surname begins with the place-name Bohorques, which is in turn derived from the Old French "bejort," meaning "lance" (the fighting instrument used in medieval tournaments). When surnames began to be used in Medieval Spain, it was not uncommon to assume the name of an existing place as a surname.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bohorquez, Bojorquez, Bojardo, Bojardez, Bohardo, Bohardez, Bohardes and many more.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bojorquez research. Another 411 words (29 lines of text) covering the years 1469, 1610, 1618, 1633, and 1662 are included under the topic Early Bojorquez History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 58 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bojorquez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bojorquez Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Javier Bojorquez, aged 38, who landed in America from Mexico, Mexico, in 1914
- Josefina Bojorquez, aged 1, who emigrated to the United States from Mexico, Mexico, in 1914
- Tomasa Cde. Bojorquez, aged 35, who landed in America from Mexico, Mexico, in 1914
- Siria Bojorquez, American beauty pageant winner, Miss United States Earth in 2012
- Bartolomé Bojórquez (1780-1863), Mexican immigrant to California following the Mexican-American War, with the De Anza Expedition who was granted a 24,903-acre (100.78 km2) parcel in Marin County and Sonoma County, California
- Jose Leon Bojorquez, Mexican musician, composer and director of the Folk Orchestra of the State and Tipica de Yucalpetén
- Fausto Bojórquez Castillo, Mexican politician, Governor of Campeche in 1931
- Ramiro Bojórquez Castillo, Mexican politician, Governor of Campeche (1928-1931)
- Rolando Bojórquez Gutiérrez (1967-2013), Mexican politician, Deputy of the LXI Legislature of the Mexican Congress (2009-2012)
- Claudia Elizabeth Bojórquez Javier (b. 1970), Mexican politician, Deputy of the LXII Legislature of the Mexican Congress
- Carlos Bojorquez (b. 1972), Mexican professional Light Middleweight boxer who has a record of 26 wins, 10 losses and 6 draws
- César Luis Bojórquez Zapata, Mexican politician, Mayor of Mérida, Yucatán, since July 1, 2007
- Manuel Bojorquez (b. 1965), Mexican professional footballer
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
The Bojorquez Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bojorquez Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 August 2015 at 08:25.
on orders of $85 or more