on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Danish Bohrer family come from? What is the Danish Bohrer family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bohrer family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bohrer family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bohrer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Barbara Risch Bohrer, who arrived in America in 1746
- Peter Bohrer, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765
Bohrer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Miss Bohrer, who landed in Brazil in 1824
- Friedrich Bohrer, who arrived in Brazil in 1825
- Wilhelm Bohrer, who landed in Brazil in 1855
- Philipp Bohrer, who arrived in Brazil in 1857
- Jakob Bohrer, who arrived in North America in 1857
- Corinne Vilhelma Bohrer (b. 1958), American movie and television actress, known for roles in Vice Versa (1988), Phantom of the Megaplex (2000) and Big Eden (2000)
- Thomas Bohrer (b. 1963), American four-time silver medalist rower
- Brian Lester Bohrer (b. 1960), American pastor and author, best known for his book “Word Therapy”
- Florence Fifer Bohrer (1877-1960), American politician, first female senator in the Illinois General Assembly (1924-1932)
- Karl Heinz Bohrer (b. 1932), German literary scholar and essayist
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
The Bohrer Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bohrer Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 6 June 2014 at 07:54.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more