on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Bohl family come from? What is the German Bohl family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bohl family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bohl family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bohl, Boehl, Bohll, Boehll, Bohell, Boehell, Bohle, Boehle, Buhl, Buehl, Buhll, Buehll, Buhell, Buehell, Buhle and many more.
First found in Mecklenburg, where the family name Bohl became noted for its many branches with the region where each house acquired a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. Over time, the family became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bohl research. Another 152 words(11 lines of text) covering the year 1818 is included under the topic Early Bohl History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Bohl Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bohl Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Maria Bohl, who arrived in America in 1726
- Anna Maria Bohl, who landed in America in 1726
- Conrad Bohl, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Conrad Bohl, who settled in Philadelphia in 1754
- Conrad Bohl, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1754
Bohl Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cecilia Bohl, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1820
- Ernst Bohl, who arrived in New York, New York in 1850
- Ernst Bohl, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Johan Bohl, who settled in Texas in 1852
- Johan Bohl settled in Texas in 1852
- Craig Philip Bohl (b. 1958), American football coach
- Piers Bohl (1865-1921), German Professor of Mathematics
- Steffen Bohl (b. 1983), German football player
- Otto Bohl, mayor of Augsburg, Germany between 1930 and 1933
- Piers Bohl (1865-1921), Latvian mathematician
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Bohl Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bohl Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 October 2010 at 15:46.
on orders of $85 or more