Bogaert History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The Bogaert surname means orchard in German, and was probably originally occupational for someone who worked in an orchard, or topographical for someone who lived in or near an orchard. There are also several villages named for this word.
Early Origins of the Bogaert family
The surname Bogaert was first found in East Prussia, where the name came from noble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status. They are believed to have been of the order of the Teutonic Knights.
Early History of the Bogaert family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bogaert research. Another 125 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1712, 1675, 1783 and 1792 are included under the topic Early Bogaert History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bogaert Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Baumgarner, Baumgarten, Baumgart, Paumgarten, Baumgartel, Paumgartel, Paumgart, Bomgarten, Baumgarden, Pomgarten, Pomgarden, Baumgartner, Paumgartner, Baumgarden, Bamgardner, Bogart, Bogaard, Bogaart and many more.
Early Notables of the Bogaert family (pre 1700)
Notables bearing the name Bogaert of this period include C.F. Baumgarten, a native of Germany, and pupil of the famous organist J. P. Kunzen; went early to London and never left it; was organist at the Lutheran Chapel in the Savoy, and leader of the band of the...
Another 47 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bogaert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Bogaert is the 4,201st most popular surname with an estimated 1,500 - 2,000 people with that name. 
Bogaert migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bogaert Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Cornelis Cornelisse Bogaert, who arrived in New York in 1640 
- Gysbert Cornelisen Bogaert, who landed in New York in 1640 
- Theunis Gysbertse Bogaert, who arrived in New York in 1652 
- Jan Laurensz Bogaert, who arrived in New York in 1663 
Bogaert Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- William Bogaert, who landed in New York in 1715 
Bogaert Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anthonius Bogaert, aged 26, who landed in New York, NY in 1848 
Contemporary Notables of the name Bogaert (post 1700) +
- Marcus Bogaert, Actor
- Stephen Bogaert, actor
- Gaston Bogaert (b. 1918), Belgian painter
- Hendrik Bogaert (b. 1938), Flemish politician
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)