on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Boettger family come from? What is the German Boettger family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boettger family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boettger family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boetticher, Bottcher, Boticher, Boettiger, Boettger, Bottikker, Botikker, Boticker and many more.
First found in Brunswick, Lower Saxony, where the name Botticher contributed greatly to the development of an emerging dukedom which would later play a large role in the tribal and power struggles of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local, social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boettger research. Another 195 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1717, 1682, 1719, 1815, 1870, 1760 and 1835 are included under the topic Early Boettger History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 101 words(7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boettger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boettger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Augustus Boettger who arrived in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- Augustus Boettger, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- Friedrich Boettger, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Charles Boettger, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1873
- Margaretha Boettger, aged 5, who emigrated to the United States, in 1892
Boettger Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Henriette Boettger, aged 19, who landed in America from Hamburg, in 1903
- Theo M. Boettger, who landed in America, in 1903
- Lina Boettger, aged 23, who landed in America from Hamburg, Germany, in 1909
- Henry Boettger, aged 64, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- Herbert Boettger, aged 1, who landed in America from Hamburg, Germany, in 1909
- Nancy Jane Boettger (b. 1943), the Iowa State Senator from the 29th District
- Oskar Boettger (1844-1910), German zoologist
- Johann Friedrich Böettger (1682-1719), German alchemist
- Caesar Rudolf Boettger (1888-1976), German zoologist
- Thomas Böettger (b. 1957), German composer and pianist
- Rudolf Christian Böettger (1806-1881), German inorganic chemist
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
The Boettger Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boettger Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 October 2013 at 16:19.
on orders of $85 or more