on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Boettger family come from? What is the German Boettger family crest and coat of arms? When did the Boettger family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Boettger family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Boetticher, Bottcher, Boticher, Boettiger, Boettger, Bottikker, Botikker, Boticker and many more.
First found in Brunswick, Lower Saxony, where the name Botticher contributed greatly to the development of an emerging dukedom which would later play a large role in the tribal and power struggles of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local, social and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Boettger research. Another 195 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1717, 1682, 1719, 1815, 1870, 1760 and 1835 are included under the topic Early Boettger History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 101 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Boettger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Boettger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Augustus Boettger who arrived in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- Augustus Boettger, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- Friedrich Boettger, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
- Charles Boettger, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1873
- Margaretha Boettger, aged 5, who emigrated to the United States, in 1892
Boettger Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Henriette Boettger, aged 19, who landed in America from Hamburg, in 1903
- Theo M. Boettger, who landed in America, in 1903
- Lina Boettger, aged 23, who landed in America from Hamburg, Germany, in 1909
- Henry Boettger, aged 64, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- Herbert Boettger, aged 1, who landed in America from Hamburg, Germany, in 1909
- Nancy Jane Boettger (b. 1943), the Iowa State Senator from the 29th District
- Rudolf Christian Böettger (1806-1881), German inorganic chemist
- Thomas Böettger (b. 1957), German composer and pianist
- Caesar Rudolf Boettger (1888-1976), German zoologist
- Johann Friedrich Böettger (1682-1719), German alchemist
- Oskar Boettger (1844-1910), German zoologist
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
The Boettger Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Boettger Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 October 2013 at 16:19.
on orders of $85 or more